Sunday, November 16, 2008

Another Nice Vacation

Ahh, vacation was nice, but it's always good to be home again. We're rested up and ready to plow into the holiday season. Not only holidays with the family, but holiday weddings and some winter weddings. We LOVE winter weddings! There is so much you can do with winter as the theme....snowflakes, icicles, lots of little white lights -all things white are sooo beautiful!

I was looking thru my files of well over 1000 pictures that we took of what we have done over the last 2 yrs. and I thought I'd post some of the really fun things we got to do with flowers.



Heather and Colby's wedding featured a theme of Old Hollywood Movies. So we hung little popcorn boxes on the chairs in the aisle with white Hydrangea. It really looked like popcorn!
( I can't seem to find that picture), then for the favor table; which was movie DVDs, we filled a huge popcorn bowl with more Hydrangeas.
Then we had the 'Architect" bride who was so much fun -and wanted to be creative with limes and 'anything out of the ordinary'. When I saw the mini pineapples on the flowers available list I thought "hmm....I can do something fun and different". Wouldn't be every bride's favorite, but Erin was delighted!
I honestly can't take credit for this one. Lynne and I went to the NE Florist's Convention and saw a display of high school Floriculture students design competition that really impressed me.
I had to take a picture so I remember to do this sometime for a fun centerpiece. This is Blue Vanda Orchids suspended in a narrow vase with purple aluminum wire. How cool is that?
This wedding took place inside the Rotunda at Lauxmont. Sheri, the bride, wanted to do something to create a unique backdrop for the ceremony without renting the common wedding
arch; so we suggested creating one on the wall with ribbons, clear beads, and tiny white Mini Carnations. Two pillars from the Groom's mothers' home with a piece of glass on top created the table for the unity candles and 3 Remembrance roses.
Marion Court was the site for this outside wedding and reception. Hot pink and orange were the colors of the day. First time for us to make goldfish centerpieces!
Floating on top of the water was a bright pink Gerbera daisy. Colorful bride/colorful wedding!
And one last picture of a puppy dog made of white cushion mums for Amy's baby shower tables.
I posted this in my very first blog, but it turned out so cute I thought I'd put it on again.
Our next wedding is on Thanksgiving weekend at a local church with an Eden Courtyard reception. But check next week's blog for some new pictures of another important event!

No comments: