Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Flowers for MOB's and MOG's


AKA: Mother of Bride and Mother of Groom.
Many times moms come along with their daughters for their floral consultation. They often say to me; " I don't want to pin anything to my dress, and I'm not going to the Prom, so I don't want one on my wrist,... do I have to wear flowers? " Well, I'm on the same page on that one, and the answer is 'no'.
In my opinion, pin-on corsages are great for Grandmothers; (which I proudly now am, but he's much too little to be a groom)- but the young, contemporary mom sometimes has a strapless dress, or just doesn't like corsages. And the big problem with wrist corsages is that they get bumped and damaged so easily, which can be so disappointing for your mothers.

Why not pin her flowers to her shoulder bag or let her carry her corsage in the form of a tiny bouquet that we call a 'posey'. It's no larger than the size of the top of her fist. It's so easy to
carry, and having it gives honor to her.

Here are a few examples of the ones we've recently made..........................





Ask your mom if she likes these better. I sure do.

No comments: